Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tough Times

When something good happens to us, we love to share that with our family and friends. Good news is nice to give and nice to receive, but mostly, it is easy to pass on and easy to respond to.

It's the not so good news, however, that we tend to keep to ourselves. It's never nice telling people something bad, even if it doesnt affect the recipient. In fact, even if it isnt bad news, but simply something a little less perky and upbeat than usual, we would maybe tell our closest friends. I mean, who really answers "How are you?" honestly, all the time?

And the irony of it all is that we need our friends the most when the times get tough.
I've been going through a rough patch (nothing that bad, just too much at once) and sometimes feel like I'm barely coping with day to day life. Of course there are people who could help us out, but these people don't know that there is anything to help out with. Yes, we could share what's going on, but we really don't want to. So the only thing I can do is try and live as normally as possible and hope I don't step on too many toes during my balancing act.

No comments:

Post a Comment